RE: XyWrite on a flash drive

Jordan, I know some current Mobos do allow one to boot off a USB device.
Well, if the floppy is to be "obsoleted" they'd have to allow that,
wouldn't they? But of course there's no guarantee that any system you
found yourself working on would have that capability. But check the
archive. I think Robert had a description of a method he uses when
working on strange machines that involves a CD and using C:\temp (which
is always there) to write files. I'm not sure about 32-bit Windows not
allowing RAM drives. After all, the startup floppy creates one (in 98
anyway) and runs from it. Will experiment when I scrub down this PC
prepatory to lending it to the office for a complicated game of musical
chairs.
Patricia