Re: TABS IN COLUMNS

Norman, after a bit of research and testing, I have been able to replicate the
symptom of the problem. When in a column and entering text with a hard return
at the end-of-line, notice that your cursor is positioned just to the right of
the return character. If you enter another return to get to the next line, the
cursor is once again just to the right of the return character. At this point
pressing the tab key pushes the cursor out only eight spaces, as you noted.
However, if before pressing the tab key you position the cursor right on the
return character and then press the tab key.. the cursor is positioned properly
at the tab set of 13R. There is a documented problem regarding this symptom. I
will be glad to add your name to the report if you could provide me with your
address, telephone number, and serial number.

---SYSOP