Re: Non-XYW question. Printer

M.W. Poirier wrote:
 This morning it started to produce pages
 with a 3" wide or so shaded vertical strip down the left
 half of the printed page. It is not too dark and so I
 can see the writing under the shaded area quite well. Is
 this a cartridge needing replacement, etc. I hesitate to
 buy a cartridge in case it is something more serious, ...
 especially given the age of the machine.

 In advance, thank you. Off list answers would be appre-
 ciated, given that it is not an XYWrite topic.

 M.W. Poirier
I use a HP Laserjet 4 Postscript and this problem, in my case, occurs
when the toner is finishing its useful life. I suggest this test: remove
the cartridge and gently turn it back and forth several times. This
spreads the remaining toner through the cartridge, so that you can
continue to use it until all the toner is gone. I hope this helps.
Best regards,
Manuel Castelao