Re: XyWrite and TFT displays

Manuel Castelao wrote:
After the death of my Eizo CRT display, I would like to hear experiences about XyWrite in TFT displays.
Well, everything is much sharper, which is a big concern to
me, but not perhaps to others. My first color laptop has a
12-inch screen, but even running at 600X800 (which I can
barely see on a 15-in CRT), everything in Windows was
perfectly readable.
As for Xy, I've been using a 15-in LCD (1024X768 native
resolution) for a couple of years now. I run in windowed
mode normally (full-screen does fill the screen) and don't
want my whole screen occupied, since I'm often switching to
other, Windows native apps. Under W98, the largest font I
can get is 13 X 22, and that fills pretty much the whole
width of the screen, and about 4/5 of the height. I should
think with W2K/XP's scalable Lucida Console, you could get
any size you like. The only LCD at the office is a
wide-screen one, so a test on that would probably not yield
appropriate data.
Is it possible to run it comfortably in a rotated TFT display via Pivot software (to emulate the standard proportions of a paper sheet)?
This monitor does have Pivot software, which was one of the
things that made me get it, but I've never used it. Much as
I like a portrait screen, most Windows apps and Web pages
are designed for landscape--and nowadays wide landscape at
that. And I HATE scrolling sideways. Let me see if I even
installed it, and run some tests.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx