Re: JUSTIFYING HEADERS/FOOTERS

Joe: Reading your msg, I couldn't imagine how I could have forgotten about the
TabCenter-TabRight solution that you offered to the Left-Center-Right problem
-- then I played with it, and forthwith remembered why I'd forgotten about it!
I could never get the TabRight to be recognized if it was set at same value as
the RightMargin. Thus, for example,

 This works (RM65, TS64R) but it ain't flush-right, which is, after all, the
sine qua non here:
 ≪LM≫≪RM65≫≪TS32.5C,64R≫
 left{tab}center{tab}right

 While this bombs (65R):
 ≪LM≫≪RM65≫≪TS32.5C,65R≫
 left{tab}center{tab}right

 And this bombs too (a bug, in my book -- it *should* yield flush-right; note
that if you remove the "C" in TS32.5C, suddenly it works, but then you aren't
centering any longer -- I want **fixes** in Signature! Why is it unacceptable
to use profanity on BBSs?):
 ≪LM≫≪RM65≫≪TS32.5C≫
 left{tab}center≪LD ≫right

 This gives you two nicely-equivalent LeaDer lengths, but it doesn't center the
*text* in dead-center of physical page:
 left≪LD ≫center≪LD ≫right
 Using two LeaDers, you get these kinds of results:
 left              center              right
 looooongleft            center            right
 left            center           looooongright

 The following solves an altogether different problem (actually occasionally
useful), of giving you four (maximum accepted is five) LeaDers of equivalent
lengths, but it doesn't center any of the texts:
 left≪LD ≫left-center≪LD ≫center≪LD ≫right-center≪LD ≫right

 So I return to my proffered solution, which at least is dead-reliable if
rather labored (but you gotta make a template routine for any of these options
anyway, 'cause who's gonna remember? so same difference):
 ≪LS≫left≪LD ≫right{13}
 ≪LS1≫≪FC≫center
 ≪FL≫
 Results:
 left              center              right
 looooongleft          center              right
 left              center          looooongright

 Jim Jefferson, have you another idea? Anyone? Cheers