Re: MSG #4095

You note that Signature 'supports scalable fonts and has on-the-fly
selections'. Any scalable fonts? Or just the Bitstream fonts bundled with
Xy4? Secondly, I'm curious whether old .PRN file organization will still work
in Xy4? About a year ago, Christine Madsen said that masochists could, if they
wished, continue to use the old .PRN tables and setups -- the specific content
might change this way or that, but you could still set everything up manually.
Still true? Third, to come back agin to scalable fonts, do they all use the
same scaling formula, irrespective of typeface? Or is XyWrite simply going to
ignore that whole area of the operation, and let Bitstream's font generator
create width tables on the fly too? (What I'm driving at here is the width
table, and how XyWrite will know what it is.) I gather PTs are also out the
window. If so, how Xy embed formats in text indicating font changes? I should
compose these things off-line...