chain printing footnotes

I have been trying to print a long document, 19 chapters and around 600kb in total. Neither XY4
nor XYwin want to handle it, but I had hoped to be able to chain print it as individual chapters.
However: I have a lot of footnotes and I want to dump them at the end of each chapter, so I have
inserted NF at the start of each one and DF, followed by PG, as the manual instructs, at the end.
But when I then chain print, I lose all the footnotes (now endnotes) except the ones that will fit
at the bottom of the last page of each chapter. Has anybody else encountered this problem and if
so, is there a solution?

Thanks

Paul Breeze