Re: XY-4 and OS/2 Experience

Marvin,
>>How can you look at Windoze and say that MS gets it right?<<
Actually I try to look at Windoze as little as possible.
What I meant by MS getting it right is that they know how to keep their
installed base happy. IBM is never going to get
**anywhere** with OS/anynumber unless they can get more apps written for it.
They won't get more apps written for it unless their installed base is large
enough to attract developers.

One of my mini-specialties, by the way, is "defenestrations." In my job I have
to work with freelance editors who work in XyWrite.

When they get a new computer they call me hysterically and plead.

"Leslie. How do I make Windows go away?"

So I dictate a new autoexec.bat for them over the phone and they go happily on
with XyDos.

%%Leslie%%