Re: CPU hogging Xywin under OS/2

Allan Needell (Please note the new User ID !!) wrote:
> master) is that using enhanced mode for windows apps that don't
> absolutely require WINMEM32.DLL is a waste of system resources. You
> force the windows to control memory management for non-windows apps run
> out of win-os2 instead of os/2 itself. HOW COULD YOU LET THAT HAPPEN!

  Well, I guess if you run a lot of windoz apps, that might make a
difference. I don't. About the only time I can think of even running two
windoz apps at the same time in the last year was doing a Toolbook
project and using CorelDraw at the same time. By and large, however, I
only have one windoz app up at a time -- actually, no, -- by and large
I have no windoz apps going at all. Some require enhanced mode, and I
guess my attitude is that most windoz apps need all the help they can
get. 8-)
  I turn background_execution on for lots of things also, and
generally give them lots of memory (full 640 and 2048 for ext and ems).
Wasteful, I guess, but my system runs fast enough, everything seems
pretty quick. With 16meg SIMMS only $112, if it slows down, throw
another SIMM at it.
  Then too, I'm not running OS/2 at all for the most part -- at this
moment it's not even on my system except as an archived partition, so I
can't check to see if taking enhanced mode off an app would make a
difference.

--
Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxx
The fundamental delusion of humanity is that I am in here -- and you