Re: CPU hogging Xywin under OS/2

I see by rereading Tyson's OS/2 consultant Ver.3 2nd ed. sec.
14.9 that
I mispoke (I'm allowed, being the neophyte). OS/2 will always
mananage
memory when you run windows and non-windows apps from a win os2
session.
So there is no difference on that regard between enhanced and
standard
modes. The point is that unless the windows programs NEED
winmem32.dll
(and very few do) win/os2 will manage memory for WINDOWS apps
better in
standard mode than in enhanced. So the result is the same,
Harmon's
advice contradicts Tyson's. Pays your money, takes your choice.

Allan Needell, Dept. of Space History, Nat'l Air & Space Museum
   Smithsonian Institution, MRC 311, Washington, DC 20560
i: aneedell@xxxxxxxxxxx; CServe: 71461,1115; tel 202/357-2828
          fax: 202/786-2947