Re: accessing the Linux clipboard...

Carl Distefano wrote:
 I wonder if the xytonix.sh script can be tweaked so that input
from "frxy" stops when the EOF char is encountered?
Carl, thanks for the response. I've been experimenting some more and improved on the XPL program and script. I switched to saving the defined text to a macro, and the macro to a file, which was less complicated and didn't require cleaning out the contents of the file; it has so far accurately copied the selected text every time. But I now want take a look at what you sent.
But as a quick reply to yr final comment, I did some online research and
found a way to kill the EOF using the script; my revised xytonix.sh
script is:

#! /bin/bash
#
# for xywrite/dosemu, for use with xytonix.pm
# removes EOF from frxy and outputs result to frxya
# copies frxya to clipboard for system use
# deletes frxya
#
tr -d '\032' < /home/pgl/data/xy4/clip/frxy > /home/pgl/data/xy4/clip/frxya;\
xclip -i -selection c < /home/pgl/data/xy4/clip/frxya;\
rm /home/pgl/data/xy4/clip/frxya

Paul Lagasse