Re: accessing the Linux clipboard...

Bravo, Paul, for slogging through this solution. I almost wish I'd done it myself. I hope eventually I'll be entirely finished with Windows, and then I'll be closely examining the work you've done to make this possible

I love using XyWrite for extensive writing, but I'm content for now to take that Xy-generated text file and transport it to another platform for formatting and migration to HTML or various desktop publishing options (Quark XPress, Pagemaker, InDesign, even the Linux package called Scribus ...).

A while back I got XyWrite to run, but not extremely well, in Ubuntu under both DosBox and DOSemu. Because I have one computer running Ubuntu and another running Windows XP, I found it much easier to use the Xy4 installation in XP and send the nearly finished file over to the Ubuntu box when needed (these two computers are networked). That's the beauty of common formats like ASCII.

But I won't do that forever, and frankly I'd be happy to continue using XyWrite for this lifetime. Your pioneering may make that possible, and I'm very grateful to you for sharing this.

Jeff Seager

Get instant access to the latest & most popular FREE games while you browse with the Games Toolbar - http://toolbar.aol.com/games/download.html?ncid=emlweusdown00000026!