Re: Networks are for corporations and offices, right?

Reply to message from: Robert Holmgren
>Sent: Jun 15, 2006 1:46 PM

> My point is, Google paid 25 bucks to register
>their domain, and so did I -- the cost of being a player is administrative,
>nominal, and flat (not $36,000 for a full page, which is the NYTimes' rate last
>time I checked). What Google does with their domain is their affair, and
>likewise. They really don't *owe* you unweighted results; they are, after all,
>a business. Or, should I say, a Business

Yes, and so are the cable companies and telecoms, and they're asserting that they don't owe anyone
the right to free carriage... that is, they're asserting their right to charge differential fees for
carrying websites at different bandwidths, and that's really going to change things