Re: TAME 5.1

Michael Norman wrote:
I confess I have not figured out how Harry is getting on-screen italics and such in the console window; I still get the classic Xywrite green text for italics and so on.

The on-screen styles (italics, etc.) works with version Pre2.
Here are the instructions, which I followed exactly, with success. You open in Xy the file: \Progra~1\Tame5~1\appsup~1\Xywrite\Tamestyl.doc

That file should read:
-------------------------
This file may be used to set up display of text styles using the Tame console. To complete the process:
1. Enable draft mode so that he lines are displayed using different
colors.  Note that Tame will display all styles using the (Normal) color
shown below. If desired, adjust that color accordingly before completing
this procedure.

2. Scroll this document so that all the formatting lines are visible.

3. Drag the following file and drop it onto this window.

    ...\Tame\AppSupport\_Common\Setup\TextStyles.Setup.tam
After dropping the file, the text should show the appropriate style. Mark the text block and drop the file again to change marked text styles.
Below that, in the same file, it has some text surrounded with Xy MOde markers. Once you drag (from an Explorer window) and drop the TextStyles.Setup.tam file onto the Xy window with the Tamestyl.doc open in it, you get, magically, the styles showing. Then, as he says, DeFine the block with the MOded stuff and repeat the same drag and drop, and you're set.
In my system, I got a color change along with the Bold. But you can fix
that by right-clicking in the Xy text window and choosing Color Change from
the menu that should pop up.

Let us know if it works for you.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx