Re: Subject: Re: pdf2xy routine

Reply to message from Robert Holmgren , 15 Jan 2005
20:21:33 -0500

≪ this was the final assembled DOS command *before* execution:

> dos/nv/x/z /c -output D:\XYW4DOS\VIEWPDF.TMP "c:\GS\gs8.15"≫

Yeah, that has me puzzled too. Maybe I had too many files open? (I was
switching back and forth from e-mail to XyWrite). Maybe I just typed
something wrong? I don't know.

I fixed the Path in one place (setting it in AUTOEXEC.BAT to include
c:\gs\gs8.15\bin) but was unaware that the batch file that launches
XyWrite was then resetting it to _omit_ c:\gs\gs8.15\bin. Felt like an
utter idiot when I discovered it. Batch files can be dangerous that way,
if you forget what's in them or even that you're using them. Apologies
for all the time and effort this took.

≪We only know what we're told here. The output can only be as good as
the input.≫

Yes, well, thanks for putting it so politely. There's a stronger tech
idiom that could really be cited here.
Patricia M. Godfrey
PMGodfrey@xxxxxxxx