Re: NB Draft Font

On 17 Sep 2000, at 18:06, Harry Binswanger wrote:
> >I did a little experiment this morning and typed in "dmfont" and
> >found
> >that NB writes to a file in the Windows directory called
> >"swlocal.ini".
> >
> >The contents of said file after I issued the dmfont command:
> >[Defaults]
> >Draft Mode
> >Font=F4FF0000000000009001000000FF010201315465726D696E616C000C2602BABE4D4FF
> >F05800268028E7D0C040300BABE0300
> >
> >It appears that just deleting/renaming this file returns things to
> >normal.
> >Changes don't take effect until you exit and restart nb.
>
> Leave it to a Richmonder (my home town)! How (i.e., how in hell) did you
> discover this? Did you make the change and then search for recently altered
> files?

Actually, I have a program that monitors registry activity, and it also
monitors writes to ini files, so I had the program running and the issued
the "dmfont" command. I also noticed that nbwin tries to read that file
on startup.
The program (Regmon) is available at:
http://www.sysinternals.com/
and it is free.

Also, that file (C:\Windows\swlocal.ini) does not exist before you issue
the dmfont command.

So there you have it.

--
-Robert Orndorff