RE Ersatz autosave

Carl and Patricia

I am not using particularly big files; they project is already split up into chapters and lengths
are around 30k-40k. There is normally only one file open at a time.

When I command va/nv $m+6 the value is 2.

Carl, I can't yet answer all your questions about the situation under which the instability occurs.
 I have been using XY3 for the past few months because of problems running the UK Microlytics
dictionary under XY4 and only switched back a couple of weeks ago to edit this particular project.
 I experienced one of two hangs, but they were infrequent so I reduced the AOT settings in order
not get caught out. Then the hangs seemed to become more frequent too. I will have to test some
more options and report back.

Regarding Ersatz autosave, I have changed the frame command to $B and all now works as it should.
I am puzzled that I have managed to acquire one of Robert's frames that nobody else appears to own.
 I must have loaded a new version of XY4.DLG at some point, though I cannot at present remember
when.

Best wishes

Paul