Re: DeScribe Voyager??

In article <950810140205_71082765@xxxxxxxx>, OkAnnie@xxxxxxxx wrote:

| The venue for discussion of Warp apps is comp.os.os2.apps. This list is
| intended for the discussion of xyWrite. XyWrite is a *dos/Windows* app. Get
| used to it, dudes.
|
| ========================== annie fisher  nyc
| "We have to go on to the next thing."
| --IBM chief executive Louis V. Gerstner

Annie, Annie. Aren't you trying to have it both ways? In the same
note that you suggest Warp apps should be discussed in
comp.os.os2.apps, you end with a tag line gibing OS/2 (or so I think
you imagine).

If I recall correctly you introduced the NY Times article to this
list. Now you want people to take the discussion of Warp elsewhere.

It was the introduction of the Gerstner article that prompted my OS/2
ruckus note. We have our share of OS/2 enthusiasts here (I'm a secret
one :-), and I could just imagine where it could lead to. In any
case, whatever does the Times article have to do with XyWrite?

If the intention was to promote discussion about IBM's future support
of OS/2 (somehow I doubt that), then along with the NY Times article
we need to consider other available information, such as Gerstner's
response to the Times article and the original transcript of the
Gerstner session. They are available at
http://os2man.netsysdev.telerate.com for the curious. Then we would
finally have the basis for weighing what Gerstner meant.

It's so silly to claim that IBM is abandoning OS/2. Warp 4.0 is under
development for release in spring '96, something IBM can't publicize
because of a court restraining order. In terms of units sold, OS/2 is
more successful (for the moment) than Windows NT, which is its real
rival, not Win95. A reading of the transcript I mentioned should make
it clear how far off the mark the Times article was.

There you go. I'm ranting again. It's time for lunch.

Dan Kanagy     Work: wordwise@xxxxxxxx    Play: dkanagy@xxxxxxxx
Tokyo, Japan                       dkanagy@xxxxxxxx