Re: DeScribe Voyager??

>The venue for discussion of Warp apps is comp.os.os2.apps. This list is
>intended for the discussion of xyWrite. XyWrite is a *dos/Windows* app. Get
>used to it, dudes.

   Sigh! Geez, Annie, you just don't get it, do you? Let's see, how can I
explain this so you can understand? Well, look at it this way --- all
DOS/windoz apps are also OS/2 apps, including XY. The problem is they are
all cripple-ware, compared to native OS/2 apps, and we wish they'd become healthy,
energetic, and beautiful like all the other little OS/2 apps.
But as for it being a windoz/windoz95/whatever-MS world, forget it. There
are too many really good OS/2 apps, developers, etc, and too many Linux
apps, developers, hackers, etc. Maybe the best thing, as Dvorak just wrote,
would be for IBM to drop OS/2, turn it over to others, as they did Lexmark.
Lexmark is now thriving. Better yet, make it public domain, and publish the
source code, as Linux is. Then it would really take off.
  BTW, I just read that just one of the CD-ROM producers of Linux sells
over 4000 copies a month. That's a big growth rate, considering there's no
advertising or marketing going on, in the normal sense.
--
Harmon Seaver
hseaver@xxxxxxxx

We have found the Fountain of Youth in Asia!