Re: off topic electric camera problems help needed

Avrom Fischer wrote:
I know that some people (including my own children) have labeled xywrite users Luddites but I have found that this user group is among the most technically sophisticated groups I know of, a fact that Robert in a different context has commented on. My friend Norman Friedman, who is the author of more than 25 books published by the Naval Institute Press, has a serious technical camera problem and was wondering if members of the list could held him or recommend someone who could hold him. He wrote me as follows: The camera is a Canon A620, and the card is a 2 Gbyte SD card.
I suggest trying a data /file recovery program of which there are many
available ranging from free to under $100. I have had to recover files
from SD cards used in Canon cameras on more than one occasion and for
different reasons primarily because I am a reckless idiot and do very
dumb things. Often! I found and use a program "RecoverMyFiles" found at
www.recovermyfiles.com to save my bacon. Do a google search for file
recovery programs or utilities to look for others.

Good luck.
Jon Longtin