Re: Updated prn files for XyWrite III+

This thread got me to thinking: if anyone has *customized* PRN files for various printer makes / models much later than any known to XY-4 (by definition, this is probably a majority of the printers we are using today), and they are known to work well, might not these make good samples for a user-supplied section on Bry's site ? I'd very much like to see some annotated examples of taking these beyond their plain-Vanilla state.

There was a time when I had some minimal facility for modifying the Xy-3 printer files, but it never
carried over to the Xy-4 ones, which I found to be a lot more complicated and not as usefully
documented.

Also, for those who still use actual specific printer drivers, a list of more recent printer models
still adaptable vs. those that should be avoided might also be useful. I recognize that there is a
forced movement towards the PostGhost / PDF route -- largely due to the standardizing on USB and
Par. Ports going away -- but I don't think that the original methodology is completely defunct . . .
 yet.

 Jordan