Re: accessing the Linux clipboard...

Carl, and Rafe (see below),
The below routine seems to copy what's defined exactly, though I want to play around with this more, because during the hour or so I played with this I discovered a number of things, including that fact that the installation of Ubuntu I'm in at the moment didn't have tofrodos (the software package that includes dos2unix) installed. I'm also getting oddities that I think are caused by a bad keyboard. So I'm going to do a keyboard swap, get some work done, and come back to this later.
But for the moment, I can say that, whether I'm using DeFine,
DefineParagraph, or the mouse to select the text, when I copy text using
the revised append version of xytonix.pm I have seen no corruption of
the defined text when it's pasted into gedit in Linux.
One thing I'd like to direct to Rafe -- when I copy to from Xy4 to
Linux, I've noticed now that a mouse right-click in the gedit window
does not show paste as an option but ctrl+v works fine. Do you see the
same thing?

Paul
Try this tweak. If it doesn't work, I'll throw in the towel. I've
taken out the CrLf CHanges, on the assumption that the shell routine
will handle that.

XPLeNCODE v2.0
b-gin [UNTITLED]
;*; Append method (revised)[cr|lf]
[BX_]es 1[Q2_]
{<}SX01,{<}CP{>}{>}[DZ_][DE_][DM_][CR_][CL_][DZ_]
[BX_]jmp {<}PV01{>}[Q2_]
{<}IF{<}VA$DE{>}>0{>}
{<}SV01,{>}
[BX_]sa %01,\xy4\clip\frxy[Q2_]