Re: "Pasteboard" feature

XyWrite's internal clipboard has a similar ability - to "append" to the clipboard whatever text is highlighted. You can cut+append or copy+append. The amount you can append is limited to the capacity of the save/get. It's also pretty easy to write XPL that'll open an empty file and paste the clipboard contents for editing or review.

If you have the menus/dialogs loaded, I believe these are the shortcuts (you'll want to verify; I'm
at work in a non-Xy environment):
Ctrl+Shift+Delete = Cut+append
Ctrl+Shift+Insert = Copy+append
Shift+Insert = Paste

Also available from the Edit menu.

This facility doesn't use the Windows clipboard and is therefore not compatible with Windows. That's
a whole nother tin of anellids.

Tim Baehr