Re: Strange SA/NV behavior--BK is culprit

Carl, if I read your SA routine correctly, you're attempting to
accomplish something different from what I was after.

In most cases, for an existing file that has been opened and edited,
you save a copy of the open, edited file to the VADR directory, then save a copy to the VA$FP directory, overwriting the VA$FP version
but I copy the unedited version in the VA$FP directory to FILENAME.BAK
(in the same directory), then save a copy of the open, edited version to
the VA$FP directory, overwriting the VA$FP version.

I'm saving the unedited version of the open file as the backup copy.

Paul Lagasse