Re: Strange SA/NV behavior--BK is culprit

Carl,

Do you mind some questions about your code, from one seeking to learn?

--what is the purpose of ? To me that reads as: do nothing.

--isn't there an extra  at the end? I count 11  and 12
--since, presumably, there's no second "[" in [UNTITLED], is the following a way of extracting what's after a "[": >?
--where's the space for the SA Newname command? I see: BX
SA>0>Q2 but no space after the SA.

Hmmm, let me see if I have the overall logic right:
1. If a non-directory file is open, do the rest.. (And why the huge IF part rather than: <>1>?)
2. If it's [UNTITLED], set a flag, using "!", make sure that what's within
the brackets is "UNTITLED," append the window number to the name, as an
extension.
3. If not doing SA UNTITLED.n, do the SA (with or without a new name
specified in S/G 50)
4. If the path+filename stored is not what's showing (VA$FP), must be
dealing with an [UNTITLED], so SAve it as UNTITLED.n (But why not just use
the flag "!" you set to test for this condition?

5. If changed default BK, change it back.
6. If there was an error message, display it in the prompt. (BTW, I forget what the backslash in the does.)

Thanks for any clarification.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx