RE Slowed copying from Win 98 Window to XyWrite

Bruce:
Nothing like that happens in Juno (which is a proprietary and very
hoggish e-mail client). But I'm on dial up, of course, and never on line
when I read e-mail. Try the following:
1. In Control Panel, check the addresses of your NIC and sound card,
then, with XyWrite loaded, shell to DOS and do MEM /A /C /P (You cannot
believe what it reports about Expanded and Extended; the DVM is playing a
shell game with upper memory). XyWrite, like a lot of apps of its
vintage, does sometimes encroach on high memory.
2. I was about to suggest going offline to read your e-mail, but of
course with DSL you're ALWAYS online, so that won't work. Unless you turn
off the "modem."
3. Try Restoring XyWrite before pasting, so you can monitor the
operation; possibly it's some heavy formatting or something else in the
e-mails.
4. How much total RAM? 98 SE really needs 256 Mb, though the original
release can manage with 128.
Patricia