re So xy will be around tomorrow

Kenneth Frank wrote:
:   I am very interested in the html capabilities :   for XyWrite.
Can anyone give us some more specifics : or point us at some
resources to look into the issues.

K: I've sent you (private email) a large file of online html
coding and related resources. Subscribers who write html will
surely suggest others; they are abundant. Two potential problems
in using xyW for html you might want to note:

HTML code is restricted to ascii 32-127, so the ascii 26 in every
xyWrite file must be excised. For old hands, finding and
integrating an external utility to do so is easy. For new users,
well, you already know that
"lightning-fast-but-steep-learning-curve" boilerplate. The eof is
just one more hassle and causes conflicts in other environments
as well. A built-in option to handle it would be useful.

The invisibility of the tilde except in expanded mode is fine
when it's used as a discretionary hyphen with xyWrite as a word
processor. Like the eof, it's a nuisance when xyWrite is put to
broader use. The tilde is a common character in various contexts
on the 'net. An option to display it in all modes would also be
useful.   --annie

========================== annie fisher  nyc