Re: typing speed

Morris, you are STILL sending out that virus with every message you
post!!! PLEASE heed Carl (and others') requests to disable HTML!!!!

  I understand that because you don't see any effects, you're not
convinced that it's there. Let me see if I can explain what's happening
(deduced from the header of your most recent posting).

 (1) You are using Microsoft Outlook Express 5.0 (which has become
notorious for the opportunities it offers to maliciously-minded persons
around the world)

 (2) You have accepted some of its defaults, in particular, that which
causes it to send your message in HTML as well as in plain text

 (3) Every time you compose and post a message:
  (a) Outlook Distress posts _both_ a plain-text version _and_ an HTML
     of the same message. According to my e-mail client, the HTML is
sent
     as an "attached file".
  (b) The virus (which has apparently infected your copy of Outlook
and/or
     Windows itself) embeds another copy of itself in that HTML
version.
  (c) The package of raw data that you send to the Internet, and the
     corresponding data that all of us subsequently receive, contain
_two_
     complete copies of your words - one in the plain-text message
body,
     and another in the HTML attachment.

 (4) What with all the useless clutter that's intrinsic to HTML anyway,
plus the virus text embedded within it, every message you post is more
than twice as bulky as it needs to be. This costs you, and most
recipients, more money in connection-time charges.
 (5)(a) Recipients using e-mail readers that don't automatically
interpret and apply HTML will see just the text message you wrote.
  (b) _Some_ recipients whose e-mail readers understand HTML will see
the HTML version, with possibly prettier fonts. At the same time their
readers open your HTML attachment, _some_ of them will also become
infected. Their susceptibility depends on which auto-executing "features"
they may have neglected to disable.