Re: New SEparator tables available for CodePages 437, 850, and 1252 (ANSI)

** Reply to message from "M.C."  on Thu, 05 Feb 2004 18:15:39
+0100

> a couple
> of suggestions for the first line of the table (I am always referring to
> ansified XyWrite): to include ? (ANSI 147) ? (ANSI 148) ? (ANSI 145) ?
> (ANSI 146)

Agreed.

> if I use the NW function (usually Ctrl+Right Arrow),
> the cursor stops too at the next XyWrite code (ANSI 174)

Which is left guillemet in ASCII, and is still going to be a "hot" character,
even in ANSI. I guess I would add that too. I left it out because the ANSI
glyph (Registered sign) is not part of the built-in table.

> Other possible candidates for the first line of the new separator table:
>  _ (ANSI 95) ' (ANSI 39) ¶ (ANSI 182).

None of those _characters_ (forget the numbers) is part of the default table,
so I left them out, for a philosophical consistency with the designer's intent.

Obviously, there is a distinction between a _default_ ANSI table, which we're
trying to construct here, and your personal table (and preferences), which can
be anything you want.

I'll update the posted default table with the first five characters you mention.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx