Directories Xy can't find

Here's a warning of sorts. The friend who persuaded me to buy XyWrite back
in '87 has discovered that there are certain hidden directories on your
Win95 hard disk that Xy3+ and Xy4DOS (don't know about XyWin) doesn't list
via its DIR command.

Case in point. In DOS, you will no doubt find a directory: C:\Windows\Fonts.
You see it listed via the DOS dir command sometimes and sometimes not. If
you cd into C:\windows, and do dir, it FONTS  doesn't appear. It is
hidden. But if you do:
dir /ad
FONTS  appears.

Still in DOS, you can cd into \windows\fonts as you normally do, and then
you can do a regular dir command within it.

Back in Xy, doing a DIR command while logged into \windows doesn't show FONTS.

I'm sure there are other hidden directories that Xy can't find. So be warned.

Regards,

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx