Re: sefu3.pm syntax ?

Carl,
Sorry, I'm soooo retro: v3.55. All bets are off. Something quite other happens.
My first mistake was leaving the cursor on the cmd line when executing
the command: sefu3.pm "3". This command provokes the error message "too
many program calls".
With the cursor moved into the body of the text, the error message was
not repeated. However, the pm did not land on an instance of a 3-byte
character (in the open sefu3.pm file) as expected. Instead, it landed at
what used to be the end of the file.
I say "used to be" because, after the cursor, was then a duplicate of
the whole file. I didn't quite believe it, so I tried the same thing in
xy4. My xy4 also produces the error "too many program calls" if I leave
the cursor on the cmd line; with the cursor in the body of the text, it,
like my xy3, also fails to land on an instance of a 3-byte character in
the open sefu3.pm file. Instead, it too duplicates the whole file from
the cursor position.
I am baffled. But _please_ don't spend any time or effort making this
work in v3.55. If I can get it to work in 4, I'll use it in 4.

JPEG image