RE: Next step with w2k iso

At 25/07/2014 07:00, you wrote:
Well, you actually answered my question: the next step, I take it, is to burn a CD from the ISO. Is that right?
NO!!!! The VM reads the ISO directly. There is no need for a physical CD. That is just what we are trying to avoid. In VMware, go to machine settings (Ctrl-D), click on CD/DVD, click on Use ISO file, and in the dropdown, navigate to where you have stored the ISO. That's all you need to do. You 'virtually' the same thing in VBox.
-----Original Message----- From: xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx [mailto:xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bill Troop Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2014 7:06 PM To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx Subject: Re: Next step with w2k iso Harry, I wish I had done my step-by-step, but I haven't, and can't right now. But basically, under CD/DVD drive, just point it to your ISO file and install. Should be straightforward. Let me know if any problems, can troubleshoot over the weekend. - - B At 24/07/2014 22:48, you wrote: >Bill, > >Excuse the fear-motivated question, but now that I have the iso for >Win2K, how do I proceed? I take it that I need to install it as a >virtual machine on 64-bit version of my Win 7. Is that right? What is >my next step? > >Thanks, >Harry