A question

After a hiatus, I've returned to the fold, but with a new problem.

I recently scrapped OS2 in favor of Win95; got tired of the lack of software.
Retained Xy/Dos as my primary WP, along with Word97 for correspondence.

Xy 4.014 seems to operate fine under Win95: very stable, no problems cutting
and pasting, etc. But several strange keyboard problems.

Often, I find extra spaces after words. When I retype the word the problem
recurs. Can't think of why this would be.

Also, when using the thesaurus: if I try to enter an alternative word to look
up: the first letter or two register, but then nothing, and the effort fails.

Any suggestions?
            James D. Besser, Washington Correspondent
   * E-mail: jbesser@xxxxxxxx , jdbesser@xxxxxxxx *  Fax: 703-978-3675 *