Re: fonts and kbds

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Wed, 08 Apr 98 20:37:43 -0500

> the fonts in Signature seem better and more than in XyWrite 4.017

Could you elaborate on the difference that you perceive?
I don't recall any difference (but I'd be delighted to learn otherwise).

> Over the years, I modified my kbd to do a few things. I could
> substitute it for the one loaded by XyWrite 4.017. Would I
> lose a lot that way?

As a practical matter, what you'd be losing (if you revert to, or try to
recreate, Xy3 -- which is eminently do-able) is the experience of the new
features in Xy4. There are _many_. Xy4 is much richer. But that's
distinct from trying to maintain some continuity in the keystroke location
of habitual features or actions -- the main purpose of installing a
"3+ style" (as opposed to CUA) keyboard. You really shouldn't swap in your
old .KBD file grosso modo. Compare and check the files out line by line.
Spend some time.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx