Re: P.S. to simple calendar question

Robert wrote,
Wouldn't everybody benefit if you at least *tried* to debug the
code, and thereby arrive at a pointful critique (or even *fix*
broken code, or conceivably discover an error in *your* ways
that renders comment unnecessary), than simply to push the "it
doesn't work right" button without (I suspect) much
trial/error/investigation and thereby shift the burden of
explanation and analysis to people who are plum tuckered out
with explanation and analysis that they're not even sure anybody
understands?
That's a very good question for the list., and the answer isn't obvious. So
to our gurus and to anyone qua question-answerer: on the average, is it
worth your time to save a questionner from, say, half an hour of debugging
and investigating? Naturally avoiding that time is of great value for the
person who is given the answer, but if the policy of "I'll ask rather than
debug" is irritating the answerers, then it should be discouraged.

So we need a policy here.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx