XySearch server back online again

Good grief! I'll second Wolfgang's motion that Robert deserves a big vote
of thanks. What a complex mess! Plug and Play, hah. By purest chance, I
happened to come across this item in the July PC World:
"Bootable floppies [sc. Win 9x] run the old DOS operating system, which
doesn't recognize hard drives formatted in the NT File System that
Windows XP and 2000 use. The solution is NTFS.com's free program NTFS
Reader for DOS. Put NTFS REader on a bootable floppy to view the folders
and files on an NTFS-formatted hard drive. You can also use the program
to copy these files to a FAT-formatted or neworked drive." Can be found
at find.pcworld.com/34706. But I suppose that would still leave one with
the all-caps file names (which can be a problem even within Win 9x).
Anyway, my contribution was very minor, but I'm glad Robert was able to
make use of it.
Patricia