Re: XY and Online -Reply

I could use Windows 3.1? I ask because, 1) to use OS/2 I would have to
remove DOS (and while I did this once, removing IBM's psdos in order to
install msdos, it was difficult and had me hanging on the phone with IBM for
quite a while) and, 2) I think I would have to upgrade my computers to use
Windows 95 (which I don't want anyway).

No, you do NOT have to remove DOS in order to have OS/2. If you have
DOS installed, OS/2 automatically sets itself up for "Dual Boot', so you can
switch back and forth between OS/2 and DOS. I have all my systems set
up this way, for there are a few very flaky Windoze apps that will not run in
the OS/2 version of Windoze.

If you don't want Windoze 95, OS/2 is a better solution. Lots of folks on
this list swear by it. I personally use XyWrite for DOS, Ibid, and XyWrite
for Windows on all my machines, and it works flawlessly. In fact, I use
XyWrite for DOS extensively for one specific task: using the "Find"
command to locate files. It's MUCH faster than the "Find Files" application
that comes with OS/2. I use XyWin for all my other technical writing.

Steve