XY AND ONLINE

One thing you might try to have multiple sessions is to run OS/2 Warp. It
handles DOS sessions better than DOS does. I would never go back. You can run
each DOS session in it's own window and have them running side by side. Or you
can have them running in a full screen session. Plus, you can have them share
the same DOS session, or they can each be in their own independent session.
That way if one locks, the other is not affected. The same applies for Wondoze
programs if you use those.

It is a bit to set up, but the customization is tremendous (a la XY!) and it is
very robust and stable system. Recommend it 100%. Supposedly, Windows NT has
the same stability and power (also a 32 bit OS ), but I hear the interface
looks like Win 3.1. Win95 is an alternative as well. It has a new interface,
which some like, but is not as solid or crash proof as OS/2 or NT. Personally,
I avoid Microsoft whenever I can.

Another alternative would be to run Desqview, which is a DOS multi-tasker. It
has been around for years but is not real popular. It will multitask very well
as long as you are in DOS programs. It is made by Quarterdeck. Some use it as
a Windows server when running Linux (PC UNIX) to get Windows programs to work.

You have a few choices. Good luck.

Fred Emmerich