e: Win95 98 in or.jp

" Sam Martin:
" >You may not need your old ".pif" files, if you give Windows 98 free rein
" >with *lots* of RAM to manage. I think 128 has become fairly standard, but
" >I doubled it to 256. . . . Windows 98 itself is a mess and easily crashes
" >when non-MS applications are running. . . .
"
" Joe, if what Sam Martin says is true, and if you think Win98 is best for
" you, skip it and instead use Win95. Unless you're Nathan Sivin (or *want*
" to make Win95 crash, which is easy), Win95 is easily stable enough for
" personal use. And you don't need 128MB of RAM, let alone 256MB: for months
" I was satisfiedly using it with a 486/133 and just 16MB RAM; I'm now
" contentedly using it with a 586/166 and 32MB RAM.
"
" NB: (i) I have no personal experience of Win98; (ii) I don't want to
" dissuade anyone from using Linux, OS/2, NT, BeOS, Plan Nine, NeXT, etc. etc.
" :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
" Peter Evans
"
	Is Win95 available in Japan? It isn't here where
	all new installations are to Win98 (the 3000 bugs
	corrected .... ect, ect).

	Like Warp 3, old versions are generally sold out,
	not sold, destroyed etc. despite their useful
	small resource (diskspace, RAM) needs.

	I still have a DOS 2.11 used by Toshiba to be
	a small diskspace DOS for their limited early
	laptops.

	And if you don't need upper memory tricks, DOS 3.3
	is the last good one, but some are amazed at the
	idea of FAT12.

	Speaking of good software coming back, Lotus Agenda
	the artificial intelligence text treater? and appoint
	ment calendar is on a Lotus Web site for free.
	Very nice.
	It's at:
  http://www2.support.lotus.com/ftp/pub/desktop/Agenda/dos/2.0/misc/
	but...
	go through
 http://home.neo.lrun.com/pim/agendadl.htm
	and up and down that tree for the full instructions and
	what is what. It's on 720kb diskimages with an upgrade
	file.
.....Lotus Agenda is a personal information manager that lets you collect,
organise, and work with textual information quickly and efficiently. An
Agenda database can help you manage ideas, tasks, people, projects, plans,
and goals. It is designed to suit your way of working.
- Lotus Agenda was the only available database in the market that
  allows the keying of data to precede the creation of database tables.
  It may appear dull, since more thought has been given on its internal
  design than on its physical appearance, but Agenda is an excellent tool
  for sorting piles of information into meaningful categories. With this
  program, users can keep track of their activities, writings, research,
  notes, expenses and even other programs. Agenda can accurately read
  dates in practically any wording, from 'next week from Friday' to
  '6/30/93,' and can create a separate category for items that have not
  been classified under any particular category.

A good sales pitch from the above PalmTop software site is
at:  http://www.inc.com/incmagazine/archives/12881631.html