Re: Fw: XTree Gold substitutes.

If you like, you can pay more for it.

In my experience, ZTree does everything that XTree used to do, and it has
functions that I never got around to figuring out. It's a pretty good
clone, done with the approval of Jeff Johnson, the original XTree
programmer. He never spent that much time on XTree anyway; it was a rush job.

I also found that the ZTree programmer responded promptly when I emailed
them.

At 06:03 AM 5/25/00 +1000, Michael Edwards wrote:

>   Is it really as good as XTree Gold? I somehow have the feeling that if
>something is shareware you can pick up for a few dollars, it somehow can't be
>all that good, because you only get what you pay for. The problem with using
>such a good program as XTree Gold is that you get spoilt: you expect very
high
>standards of other programs that won't often be met, and if the good program
>nevertheless turns out to be inadequate in some particular way, it'll be very
>difficult to find a good substitute, and very difficult to accept and use
>something inferior.

Norman Bauman
411 W. 54 St. Apt. 2D
New York, NY 10019