Re: How do you turn off scripting, V.B.S., etc.?

Michael Edwards said:
 >  Could someone please tell me how to turn all this (vbs, scripting)
off, or at least make the computer ask me for confirmation before going
ahead?

Here's how to turn off or rather delete your Windows Scripting Host.  On
your Windows 98 desktop, goto "Start", then "Settings", then "Control
Panel", Goto the "Add/Remove Programs" thingy, Hit the "Windows Setup" tab,
There is a component called "Accessories", single click that one, then go to
the "Details" button, Open that and scroll down to "Windows Scripting Host",
uncheck the box and Ok it, Apply it, I think you have to reboot but not sure
exactly, but do it to be safe and you will be set.

To make it harder for Active X to be run in Internet Explorer 5.0, you need
to look at your security settings. In Internet Explorer, Goto
"Tools"/"Internet Options", click the "Security" tab, hit the
"Custom Level"
security button, and scroll around in there. You have many options. You
can disable some or all of Active X, if you want to.

Hope this clears mud.

T. Odum
http://www.louisacomm.net/~teddy2/
teddy2@xxxxxxxx