Re: Dosemu, Linux, XyWrite

At 12:44 AM 11/16/2007, Bob Zimmerman wrote:
By the way, since it appears you have been using Dosemu for several months, can you tell me if you can cut-and-paste between Linux and Xywrite? Also, does Dosemu support printing in Xywrite? (Printing isn't that important to me, but I really would like to be able to cut-and-paste text into Xywrite.)

I don't think there's any clipboard way to insert text into XyWrite, but I've played with a workaround for doing so, though I haven't tried to insert more than plaintext into a file.

The workaround, in Ubuntu, involves creating a file in my home directory, in my case called "clip.txt." The XyWrite directory is also in my home directory, so when I run XyWrite in dosemu, clip.txt is effectively in the root directory of the d: drive, which is also the drive I work in.

In my XyWrite keyboard file, in the CTRL+ALT table, I have added a line:

47=BX,(,m,e,r,g,e, ,\,c,l,i,p,.,t,x,t,)

I also added a link to the file clip.txt on my Ubuntu desktop

When I copy text from, say Firefox, I open clip.txt using the link on the desktop and paste the copied text into clip.txt and save the file. (I prefer to open clip.txt on a second desktop so I can leave it open and switch back and forth between clip.txt on one desktop and the files I'm working with on another desktop.)

In XyWrite, I Ctrl+Alt+v, which inserts the text where the cursor is.

pl

Paul Lagasse
PO Box 144
Kemblesville, PA 19347
pglagasse@xxxxxxxx

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. -- The Borg
Cooperate with the inevitable. -- Dale Carnegie