Dosemu, Linux, XyWrite

From: peregrine@xxxxxxxx
>After tinkering for weeks with DOSbox last spring (with just enough success to
>encourage me), I discovered that Dosemu was one component of my default Ubuntu
>installation. I'm guessing that Dosemu would install about the same for anyone
>using a Debian-based Linux distribution including any of the Ubuntu variants
>(Kubuntu, Edubuntu ...).

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the tutorial for getting Dosemu to work in Linux. Very helpful.

Note that it is possible to make Dosemu recognize any Linux directory you wish, rather than moving
your directories into the home directory. You do this by issuing this command in Dosemu at the
command line:

lredir e: \linux\fs/[directory/subdirectory]

e: is the assigned hard drive name you give to the directories. It can any letter. The bracketed
material is the specific directories on your hard drive you wish Dosemu to have access. For example,
my xywrite directories are located in /windows/data/xywrite. Thus, by issuing:

lredir e: \linux\fs/windows/data/xywrite

I can read files in this directory by going to drive E:

I haven't yet tested to see if this commmand can be issued in a batch file command, but plan to some
time in the next few days. I know the command worked on the Dosemu command line however. I then
loaded Xywrite and accessed my files in the above directory.

By the way, since it appears you have been using Dosemu for several months, can you tell me if you
can cut-and-paste between Linux and Xywrite? Also, does Dosemu support printing in Xywrite?
(Printing isn't that important to me, but I really would like to be able to cut-and-paste text into
Xywrite.)

Bob
4708 Montgomery Place
Beltsville, Maryland 20705