Re: New Enter routine

Carl,
Please use the one that HAS the Stack-related code (the last posted version) EVEN IF YOU DON'T USE STACK.

Sure.
You are failing to distinguish between the Enter key's output (func $X) and what func $X does *after* the Enter key outputs it.
???? We are still talking at cross-purposes. If the coding in the key
assignment works, the spell-checker NEVER gets a $X--it gets {13} or if it
should get {13}{10} then I'll send it that.
Either I'm still not getting something or you don't realize that the test
for VA$GM128 prevents the spell-checker from getting a $X and sends it the
{13}{10} INSTEAD.
the spell-checker is programmed NOT TO RESPOND. Func $X can put out {CrLf}'s until the cows come home
No, per above, the intent of the KBD programming, if it works, will be that
the spell-checker NEVER gets a $X.

{>}0>{13}{10}
That means: if the spell-checker has highlighted a word, which is the only time I'd hit the ENTER key when using spell-check, It NEVER gets a $X. Instead it is sent what it needs: {13}{10}, then EXITS the KBD routine.
> What we have here is a failure to communicate.

I don't know how else to communicate it.
Do you now see what I'm trying to do? To NOT send $X to the spell-checker,
but to send {13}{10}, accomplished NOT within any U2 frame but in the KBD file.

Thanks,
Harry

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx