Re: Avoid footnotes during spell check

Paul Breeze wrote:
XY3 ignores text in footnotes, XY4 normally reads them, so if you have XY3, you can spellcheck using that.
On the other hand, I have several times caught major howlers by
spell-checking footnotes (of an MS I was copy editing) and
finding that the author had spelled the same source's name three
different ways.
The other neat thing about Xy is batch-spell, which can give you
the beginnings of your style sheet, as well as catch this sort of
thing (e.g., München and Munich in the same work; one mightn't
remember seeing both, but if you batch spell and then sort the
entries, it will hit you in the eye).
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx