Re: The new Jumbo U2 is up!

Dear Carl (and Robert)

Thanks for the new U2 which I have just loaded.

A couple of problems have cropped up.

a. Copying and pasting to the windows clipboard does not seem to work
anymore. (I am using NOJM2,.,v,d,u,a,l,Q2 assigned to a key)

b. When I use 2.XyWebU2.int it takes slightly longer to load XY4 -- not
really a problem as it is still very quick -- but more importantly it
does not sync my screen length with CONFIG.TXT. I have that set to 43
but I end up with a 32 line screen. I can get them synced with my own
entries in STARTUP.INT, with or without 2.XyWebU2.int Aside from screen
sync, what advantages does using this routine provide?

c. This is a problem with my setup rather than U2 but I still cannot
get OED to work. Now, when I try I get the message:

Windows cannot find D:\OED\OEDXP.EXE\OEDXP.EXE

Curiously, I get the same message from XY4 under VDOS in Windows XP and
with a straight XY4 installation -- both are running under VMWare.
Curiously, I also get the same message from XY4 under VDOS in Windows 7
where OED is not installed.

(As an aside to this, a query for Robert. Is there any way of getting
OED second edition to work in Windows 7 64 bit?)

Best wishes

Paul