vDos-lfn / vDoxXy comparison

For what it's worth, I've compared vDos-lfn with the December 2014
vDosXy (Kari's v. 1.0), running Nota Bene 3.0. This is under Win7.

With vDos-lfn, I had to comment out the line "UMBLoad = Yes" in
4dos.ini; otherwise I got the dreaded "DOS MCB list is corrupt" the
second time I tried to shell to DOS (that is, to 4DOS).

On the plus side, I can now see LFNs when I shell to DOS. Task
Manager shows memory use of about 12,850K with vDos-lfn as opposed to
73,850K with vDosXy. I was happy to see that vDos-lfn permits
underlining to be displayed (in contrast to vDosXy 1.1). So far, my
keyboard redefinitions and XPL programs seem to work.

On the minus side, vDos-lfn takes longer to load Nota Bene (with my
setup, 3.3 seconds vs 2.0 seconds). Key-repeat rate is noticeably
slower in vDos-lfn. More annoying, vDos-lfn doesn't permit the
blinking cursor that is a vDosXy option. I'd love to see that option restored.

Your mileage may vary, of course. Cheers to Wengier Wu and you others
who are involved.

James