Re: Conversion problems re: TEXTOUT.FLT

Date sent:   	Thu, 8 Apr 1999 02:28:35 +0900 (JST)
To:       	K-Mac@xxxxxxxx
From:      	rrr@xxxxxxxx (Yo Intl.)
Subject:    	Re: Conversion problems re: TEXTOUT.FLT

> Hi K-Mac,
> did you try P.Evans other hint? Save as RTF, but *name* the file
> ".DOC"
> The later versions of Word, for reasons only known to Bill, seem
> to demand that.

It opens as raw RTF. Here's a sample:

\tab "Believe me, Dr. Gre ene, I unde rstand. I k now how sed
uctive it c an be to fin d yourself here, some where that previousl
y only exis ted for you on TV. This is \i fun\plain . It i s, isn't it ?
Being inv ited to the President 's tea part y. Just bei ng in his co
mpany make s you feel l ike Somebo dy. Of cour se, you're not
\i really \plain somebody until you c an be blase about comi ng
here."\par

You can see the extraneous space problem that I'm dealing with-
-it seems to be XyWrite's filters which is inserting them.

Best,

   K-Mac

  ---] Michael Paul McDowell, writing as Michael P. Kube-McDowell
  ---] Author of THE QUIET POOLS and STAR WARS: THE BLACK FLEET CRISIS
  ---] Web Site: http://www.sff.net/people/K-Mac/default.htm
  ---] Newsgroup: sff.people.Kube-McDowell at server NEWS.SFF.NET