Re: Full-screen vs. Windowed

It is possible that I could deal with it better on a large monitor .... (this is a laptop ... "15.4" Wide Ultrabright Display,sharp,vivid colors and cinematic experience" to quote the sticker under my left wrist) ...

Margaret,
I strongly recommend buying a *second* monitor (not that expensive these days if you keep the size to 17") and running in "dual monitor" mode. This may or may not solve your cursor problems, but it will certainly enhance your computing experience. All you have to do is plug it into the computer's VGA port (which almost all laptops have) and make the setting in Control Panel/Display/Settings. For me, at least, no software installation was required.

Once you try it, you'll never go back.
I just did some experimenting on my old desktop monitor (Windows 98) .... I got the window larger, but little icons still showed all around it, like clutter on a desk
But it isn't clutter--it's the other things you have available to you
within easy reach.
..... and I decided not to go into the XyWrite files and experiment with type size etc
If I understand you correctly, this is not an issue of Xy files but of
Properties and type size settable therein. Trivially easy to experiment with.
... or any other settings to try to make use of it (I'd have to reread all pertinent sections of manual)

No need. Experiment with the various sizes of character boxes under Properties.
... not worth the time to me right now .... But the FullScreen is much much nicer .... all is visible, and easy on the eyes

Windowed mode can be just as easy.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx