Re: Backup software

Windows will always prompt you to re-authenticate it if it detects a
major hardware change of the kind that occurs when you perform a
Hardware Independent Restore. No backup software can ever prevent that,
and no backup software has ever claimed to avoid that. (This doesn't
occur, of course, if you restore to the same computer in which Windows
was installed.)
I've copied Windows installations from one computer to another dozens of
times. I do this routinely twice a year when a copy a triple-boot system
from my home computer to the one in the shack where we stay during the
summer. When the new machine starts up, Windows always prompts me to
authenticate it by clicking on a link, and it never fails to work smoothly.